25 Struggles Only ENFPs Will Understand



Thanks to Sarah for pointing this post out... 
25 Struggles Only ENFPs Will Understand by Heidi Priebe
This expressed it so well, I HAD to comment...

1. Getting your energy from social interaction, but disliking superficial conversations. Yes, I want to go to a party tonight. But a party full of conåtemplative people who want to alternate between taking shots and discussing the meaning of life.
I love parties, in fact my wife knows that if I'm low the way to get me out of being low is to take me to one... but... parties full of shallow discussion is as wearing to an ENFP as parties in general are to an introvert
2. Being very socially conscience but also fiercely individualistic. This means always wanting to fit in with a group, but never wanting to compromise your personality to do so.
Constantly, constantly I want to fit in... constantly it causes stress to do so because I'll have to compromise my personality to do so. Huh... the stress of being an ENFP! 
3. The constant tug-of-war between ‘YES, I WANT TO GO EXPRIENCE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW’ and ‘Wow, I need a lot of time to process these experiences, can I take a breather?’ 
But not too long a breather so I can experience more...
4.Having a thousand great ideas that you never follow through on.
Only a thousand? 
5. Regularly forgetting that your physical needs exist. 
Like dinner... my wife is always worried when I say I might cook because I'll forget! 
6. Getting into the perfect job/relationship/groove and hearing that nagging voice in the back of your mind going “But maybe there’s something even BETTER out there…” 
Or... I wish I could try this other job just for a while... and this one... and this one...
7. Constantly contradicting yourself because you genuinely see multiple sides to most situations. 
And stressed by those who only see one side, but of course I'm five steps ahead and have seen a solution anyway. 
8. Everyone thinking you’re flirting with them, all of the time. 
My mother says I even flirt with the check in girls at the airport! 
9. Being a HUGE, UNSTOPPABLE FORCE of creativity and productivity… an hour before the deadline. 
Deadlines... love them, so long as they are not too far off. Too far off and there are thousands of other things to do before. 
10. Getting bored 500 times faster than the average human being. 
Yes, other people even ask what the word bored means. 
11. Constantly biting off more than you can chew… and then chewing it out of stubbornness. 
And nearly killing myself in the process. 
12. Stressing out friends and acquaintances who don’t like straying from the original plan. 
So long as the goal remains the same 
13. Working towards a constantly altering notion of your “ideal self.” 
But not realising that the notion of ideal self is altering 
14. When you have to complete a task that you simply cannot find a way to make fun. 
And so become grumpy 
15. Begrudgingly identifying Peter Pan as your spirit animal. 
Better than being Tinker Bell! 
16. People underestimating your intelligence because you lead with the fun, upbeat parts of your personality. 
Even we underestimate our intelligence because #13 and #14 
17. Needing significantly more alone time than other extraverts. 
Not sure about that one... I hate alone time 
18. Others being surprised that you hold such strong opinions and beliefs, despite your easy-going nature. 
That is so waring... why don't they please understand me? 
19. Trying to explain to the people closest to you that yes you love pretty much everyone, but you love them the MOST. 
LOL, yes, well... 
20. People thinking you’re looking for advice when you simply need to process things out loud. 
Everything needs processing out loud doesn't it? 
21. Staying in bad relationships because you focus on how things COULD be rather than how they are. 
People can always get better. 
22. Wanting to be alone… but like, with other people nearby. 
See #17 and #21 
23. Appearing shallow because of your tendency to flit from topic to topic in conversation, with lightening speed. 
But they are all related, it's just others don't see the relationships! 
24. Having a fiercely independent streak… but getting bored without company.  
See #10 
25. Being a walking contradiction in almost every way, but knowing that you wouldn’t change a thing, even if you could. 

And so... here I am!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The way forward... a potential positive future

The Impending Economic Tsunami

Antisemitism in 2023